Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary AI!!!

6 years ago today, role model extraordinaire for young basketball thugs across the nation, gave one of the most memorable press conferences of my lifetime...

"I supposed to be the franchise player and we in here talking about practice?!?
what are we talking about...practice?
we talking about practice, man...we talking bout practice...
it's funny to me too..."

The last line really sums it up: How the hell can I make my teammates better by practicing?

We Love You AI, especially cuz you were rocking the old school Red Sox hat in this clip that will forever be immortalized on YouTube!!

3 comments:

Jed said...

Thank you for commemorating this momentous occasion...I'll never forget it...one of the incidents I remember that really signified the player-dominated era in the NBA...along with Big Dog's $100 million contract, the HS players leaping and the Vince Carter move from Toronto this will always be in that discussion...not to mention that it's just balls-out funny while being simultaneously sad as hell...

Anonymous said...

One of my favs, I'm still not sure if he was talking about practice or the actual game though...I'll have to watch it 4-5 more times to get the whole thing :P

KG said...

Best Sox Hat ever