Monday, May 19, 2008

A Night to Remember...if only I could

The date had been earmarked in my iPhone calendar for months - May 17th. A perfect storm of causes for celebration collided, bringing together an array of individuals unified by one common goal...to meet new folks, let your hair down, and party the night away (well I guess that makes three but who's really counting?!?)



The night started off like many other parties I've been to before... Meet some new people (sometimes for the second time)... Get a few drinks in you and next thing you know you're discussing the benefits and drawbacks of crack addiction...


You can't help but acknowledge that you heart those who heart new york...

Next, you're overcome with this feeling that there aren't enough strangers at this party for you to become acquainted with. So you try on your Uninvited Guest hat and travel a few houses down the street, where another fiesta is popping off. While there, you pocket some cans of PBR and marvel at the marine ecosystem being projected onto the back of the house. Being ever careful to not overstay your welcome, you quickly stumble back to the original crime scene...

Upon your return you suddenly
find yourself in another dimension

a dimension where party-goers have no qualms
taking huge bites out of over-sized onions...



You meet an iPhone Goddess
Get a crash course on hacking




Things that were previously crystal clear
begin to seem a little fuzzy



and compositions like this
make perfect sense at the time
but later transform into challenging puzzles
for a sober mind


Unfortunately, this is the part of the night where my phone went off on it's own, apparently unhappy with the lowly connotations of wingman status. And here I thought it liked being the designated memory recorder. If I had sooner realized it wanted numbers to call it's own, I would've hooked it up with some of the cute phones I saw chilling at the party.

According to eyeball witness accounts
you lead the charge to down shots
of Coconut Lemongrass Saki
You sincerely wish you could remember
how good it was...


Much more happened as the night progressed
(only some of which I can personally attest to)
but under the advice of my lawyer
I plead the fizzifth...

until next time ladies and germs



3 comments:

Bitterly Indifferent said...

It's rough when your phone skips out on you like that. Worse still when it decides to call ex-girlfriends for you, but it sounds like your night was busy enough already.

Willie Tuttafucco said...

As far as I know it didn't call any ex-girlfriends for me, but I guess I'll know for certain if the restraining order gets extended.

A scarier thought for me is the potential that my phone will get a buzz of it's own and start the dreaded and oh-so-dangerous drunk texting...

I'll cover that in a future blog, assuming i can get this gag order lifted.

SawxCJF said...

Nice T...love the pics..I read this on on the Crackberry and missed the full effect...I have a much clearer image of the evening now, and I hope it lives on in your memory somewhere between reality and mythology...