Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In Your Eyes by Willie Tuttafucco



No contacts or corrective lenses needed
Seeing clearly, even when rain is falling
Masking tears of joy that fall
From ducts envious of what we share

You slowly blink twice
Which unlocks the magic that is your
Smile :)
Out comes the sun
Drying up all the rain
Neither it nor I stand a chance
Against your eyes

Thanks to the power in your eyes
The leaves are released
On probation from their winter incarceration
Their colors awaken from hibernation

For you I will be protective like your Iris
Colorful and responsive to brightness
Longing to be a pupil of your pupil

Our visual dances during one of your glances
Is enough to put me on cloud #9
While singing 99 Luft Balloons

When I close my eyes
Your presence surrounds me
Even when you aren’t near
I can see you
Elation, never fearing
This claustrophobic love
Because it makes me sick with passion
And nauseous with glee

When I look into your eyes
I see twinkling stars and
Sparkling promises for a better tomorrow
Shining brighter than a thousand suns
Rays covering the surface of the earth

You have taken over my heart
My soul mind and body will follow suit
In due time
For they too, are yours for the taking,
I am slave to your eyesight,
Moving in whichever direction you are looking
Forever longing to remain in your peripheral



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Will,

Brilliant Poem - Is there a soundtrack?

P.S. thanks for the good good music. dear mama's on now.

Peace,
Jozan

Willie Tuttafucco said...

jp Morgan & Assoc.-

Many Thanks.

There actually IS a soundtrack. In fact, some of those songs are in the "good good music" you're listening to...

Nuff Respect.
tuttafucco