Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Anatomy of a Mix: Hate That I Love You

I'm back with another installment of Anatomy of Mix, a journey inside the mind of tuttafucco...

Technology Concepts 1


For those not so familiar with this series of my blog, it's where I provide insight into the subliminal elements underneath some of my mixes. Often at times, I simply put together two songs because I think they sound good together. Other times though, I combine two songs because of their meaning in relation to each other. For a refresher on this concept, please check: Anatomy of a Mix: Billie Jean (Moonwalkin).

Today's mix started with the instrumental to a RZA song, Domestic Violence (Click Here for YouTube Video or view the embedded video below if you're able to see it.)




I'm going to skip over the part where I add a disclaimer about how I don't condone domestic violence because I'm not a fan of preaching to the choir. As the song is essentially about a dysfunctional relationship, I tried to think of think of songs that would be conceptually interesting to mix with the instrumental. Given the RZA track, the two obvious ideas would be songs about an immensely intense love or an equally strong disdain. As luck would have it, I found a song that hits both ends of the spectrum (sort of).

If you want to watch the video or hear the original version of Hate That I Love You Click Here.

Click Here to listen to Hate That I Love You mixed by tuttafucco

I hope you enjoy it.

Holla if ya Hear me!!


No comments: