Monday, April 28, 2008

Four~Two~It~Us eVENTS

For the first time in a hot minute, my weekend consisted of modest plans... and since I was sorely missing my pace car, it was a safe bet that nothing too crazy or wild would be on the menu. I ran errands in every corner of the city, crossed over into the world of Macs, and stocked up on some summer supplies like a pre-winter squirrel.

Previously, this time of year would be all about the nba playoffs and everything else would take a back seat. In 2008 though, I simply have other priorities. In any event, I figure I'd use the leftover "free" time to watch some of the exciting games that I've been reading about, essentially hoping to substitute a little nba hoops for the usual debauchery I've recently become so enthralled by.

As my luck would have it, each of the games I tried watching this weekend was a blowout. A rout. A shellacking. A good ol' fashioned arse whuppin. Unfortunately for me, the only time I can actually enjoy one of these lashings is when a team I don't like is on the receiving end. And since Miami was already punished during the regular season with the worse record in the league, I don't really have anyone to root against in the playoffs.

So instead of watching edge-of-your-seat hoops action as I had anticipated, I relaxed and contemplated some future plans, hopes and dreams... All I know for certain is my life's compass can point me in just about any direction and like Wyclef once said: Anything Can Happen!

So I guess you'll have to stay tuned...

Who Knows What Tomorrow Brings???

I hope you're listening...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you left out the part where you took down 4 hot dogs like a squirrel hoarding for winter

Willie Tuttafucco said...

no doubt... though i would describe it more like a chipmunk...holding all 4 in my cheeks simultaneously!

;-)