Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Sunday, May 25th in the Life...

Destination #1 for the day

I haven't seen this many people in one place since the last time I went to see a president-elect "pinch-hit" as a commencement speaker.
Interesting fact of the day: Obama and I are in the same fraternity...
the brotherhood of Alpha Beta Slacka - I'm impressed to learn that he didn't consistently hit the books as hard as he's hit the campaign trail. This gives me hope that there's still time for me to do great things with my life.


Sage advice for a vast array of scenarios...
Not knowing when such advice will next come in handy, I snap a photo
to serve as a visual reminder when that voice whispering in my head
just isn't enough of a deterrent.


Life gets no realer than it does when you feel like an extra in the
type of movie you don't enjoy watching... There's just something about being within 100 yards of top-notch sharp-shooters that makes me a little uneasy.
You know what makes me even more uneasy?
Trying to get a close-up shot (pun intended) of the sharpshooters above me
without giving them cause to snipe me from one of the other rooftops.


This photo is pleading with me to hold a caption contest
but after much deliberation, I refuse...


Nothing But Love for the student protest.
The fine print advises you they not only have the right
but special permission as well...
and suggests if you got beef, you need to familiarize yourself
with the Symbolic Structures Section of the student handbook!!


WOW!! SUSHI PICKED BEST
My only question is...best what???
Best on this side of this street?
Best in Middletown?
Best in Connecticut?
I'm left to wonder if our friends at TCM are telling us these are
the six best dishes at this fine sushi establishment.
Having had it, I can honestly say the sushi was good, but since this was
the first sushi joint I hit in CT, I'm not sure how good it is...
If this banner had an additional descriptive noun,
or perhaps a referential prepositional phrase,
I'd have a little more to go on, enabling me to properly
and accurately promote this eatery.
Lastly, I think it should be standard in ads like this to mention the year.
When it's left out, it's easy to assume 2007,
but makes me equally curious if it could be an award from 2003...


Found this quaint little spot to have dessert en route back to Boston.
Each Patron is allowed to pick 3 books for FREE. What a bargain!?!


Simply Made for Each Other - two Old Speckled Hens

I regret being unable to capture a picture of one of the day's true highlights: the"Middletown Swagger", which was on display throughout the day. I realized that only video could've truly done it justice, as a picture would only serve as a representation of a single frame the swagger. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to play with the recently-downloaded-video-capturing capabilities of my iPhone. (Once I do though, rest assured you'll be able to find my clips on YouTube!!)

This day proved that the recipe for a great time need not include the mass consumption of alcohol. As amazing weather, good company, inspiring speakers, tasty vittles, and a few laughs strewn throughout also get the job done as well.

Thanks for reading. Much obliged!!

2 comments:

Bitterly Indifferent said...

I remember that "FOOD and BOOKS" place. I used to pass it all the time when I visited my family, but never had the nerve to stop. I always thought it looked like meals there would end up with you in a tub full of ice, missing a kidney, or in little dripping pieces stowed in a duffel bag.
They didn't bombard you with religious literature and "MAKE MONEY FROM HOME" solicitations?

Willie Tuttafucco said...

As we only had dessert and some drinks I can't honestly speak for the quality of the "meals".

There was no bombardment, as on some level they appeared to be happy to see patrons in their fine dining establishment.

In fact, as I did pick one book I'm seriously considering doing a book review.

I have been Bitterly inspired in more ways than one!!